OPUUSA is a federally recognized charitable organization dedicated to advancing the interests of the City of Osogbo and the community of Osogbo indigenes in the United States.
OPUUSA strives to achieve this objective by:
- Promoting unity and cooperation in the community of Osogbo indigenes in the United States;
- Promoting social, economic, cultural and education growth in Osogbo;
- Providing a forum to exchange ideas and discuss issues relating to Osogbo and the community of Osogbo indigenes in the United States;
All donations to OPUUSA are
- Engaging in other legally permissible activities, consistent with the organization's tax-exempt status, that will generally benefit Osogbo and the community of Osogbo residents in the United States.
- Osogbo is a city in Southwestern Nigeria and the Capital of Osun State.
- Osogbo is a bastion of Yoruba culture
- Osogbo holds the world-famous Osun Osogbo festival on the shores of the Osun River every year.
- The Osun grove in Osogbo has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage--worthy of preservation by the international community.